2. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
SiteSoft may collect Personal Information that the User provides to SiteSoft or authorises SiteSoft to collect. SiteSoft collects personal information when the User:
- uses the SiteConnect Web Application, SiteConnect Tablet Application or the SiteConnect Mobile Application (Mobile App)
- creates an account; or
- makes an enquiry or provides Feedback.
When a person downloads the Mobile App, registers and logs in, SiteSoft provides the capability for User controlled location tracking using native services on the Mobile App including the User’s location when a User is in or near a geo-fenced area;
Location data is NOT used for any location-based ads.
The SiteConnect Health and Safety App collects location data to determine if the user is onsite or not and to deliver relevant site information. Enabling GPS settings within the app settings does not override the Native Device settings. When enabled on both Mobile App and in the device settings, Location data works as follows:
- “Always Allow” enables Auto GPS Sign In and Out to GPS Enabled sites and recording while on site. It will check user location every 5 minutes (or 50 metres when device moving) even when the app is closed or not in use.
- “Allow while App is Open” enables Auto GPS Sign In and Out to GPS Enabled sites while this app is open and in foreground. Auto Sign Out will not operate when app is closed or in background. Location is checked every 5 minutes (or 50 metres when device moving) when the App is Open
- Never” means the user must manually scan in using QR codes and manually Sign Out. Location will not be tracked or recorded. Location data while offsite is discarded without being recorded.
The User does not have to provide SiteSoft with the information requested although if not provided this may impact the Services. Location data settings may be changed by the user at any time both within the Mobile App and on the device. Any Personal Information will be collected from the User, Permitted Users or other authorised sources.
3. USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information collected may be used in accordance with the NZ Privacy Act 2020, including for the following purposes:
- providing the Services;
- administering accounts;
- dealing with requests and Feedback;
- for direct marketing purposes (including by email and other electronic means), such as informing the User about special offers, products and services or promotions of SiteSoft, unless the User has directed SiteSoft that you do not wish to receive any marketing offers;
- verifying the User’s identity and assisting with accessing an account;
- complying with legal obligations;
- analysing information in an anonymised aggregated form, including to gain an insight into the use, popularity and visibility of our Services; and
- any other authorised purpose.
SiteSoft may communicate with you by text message, push notifications, email and other electronic means. If a User no longer wishes to receive marketing communications, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe from the mailing list.
SiteSoft will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the User’s Personal Information but cannot guarantee the security of the User Data. The User acknowledges the inherent security risks of providing information over the internet and acknowledges that SiteSoft is not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of SiteSoft’s reasonable control.
5. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTIES
SiteSoft may disclose the User’s Personal Information to the following third parties if SiteSoft considers it necessary to do so for the purposes listed above:
(a) personnel of SiteSoft;
(b) SiteSoft’s business partners and service providers;
(c) in the case of Permitted Users, the User that nominated your access rights to the Services;
(d) any organisation or person that we are considering selling, or sell, all or part of our business to or any organisation or person to whom we consider assigning or transferring, or assign or transfer, any of our rights under any agreement with the User; and
(e) any third party if the information is in a fully anonymised and/or aggregated form for analytical analysis.
Should SiteSoft send personal information overseas it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that that personal information is protected by comparable privacy standards to the Privacy Act.
6. COLLECTING AND USING OTHER INFORMATION THAT DOES NOT IDENTIFY THE USER
By using the SiteConnect Web Application, SiteConnect Tablet Application and SiteConnect Mobile Application, SiteSoft may also collect information that does not identify a particular User but identifies the computer or mobile device that is being used to access the SiteConnect Web Application, SiteConnect Tablet Application or SiteConnect Mobile Application (such as log files and cookies).
Log files gather information, such as the browser and IP address. Cookies may record information such as the IP address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features that you have used and other usage statistics. To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of some sites or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options.
7. PRIVACY ACT AND OTHER APPLICABLE LAW
SiteSoft may also collect, use, hold and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act and any other applicable law.
9. QUESTIONS AND CHANGES
The User may access, and request correction of, any Personal Information that SiteSoft holds. Before exercising this right, we will require evidence and/or ID from you to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
We will review any request received and respond to you in accordance with the Privacy Act. In respect of a request for correction, if we believe the correction is reasonable and we can reasonably change the personal information, we will make the correction. If for some reason we are unable to make the correction, we will endeavour to make a note on the file that a correction was requested.
If you want to exercise your rights as above please contact us at email@example.com or Ph: 0800748763.
SiteSoft New Zealand Limited
19 Como Street, Takapuna
Attention: Privacy Officer